1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Installed Flowmaster super 40 series dual in / dual out

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Rockstarrchevy81, May 9, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had the flowmaster's 40 series true dual installed and it's allot quieter than my straights but i like the tone and deepness it sound's very good. I got all my back pressure back and some hp and torque i can def tell. I'm very pleased with flowmaster's but could i instal a x pipe or y pipe which one will give me even more back pressure?
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

you dont want too much backpressure back either but most of the people (street legal drag type cars) go back and forth between weather an H or X pipe are better. Since you have the true duals I would say the X instead of the Y. It will help to even out the exhaust flow which is important.
  3. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah i plan on gettin a x pipe sometime down the road. I can tell a major difference with the dual flowmasters compared to the straights it drives like it was stock again with the power but has a good sound out the exhaust. I can tell i'm laggin some on back pressure somewhat not allot but from what i heard a x pipe will give you more and can also increase torque and horsepower some.