Installed Flowmaster super 40 series dual in / dual out

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Rockstarrchevy81, May 9, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had the flowmaster's 40 series true dual installed and it's allot quieter than my straights but i like the tone and deepness it sound's very good. I got all my back pressure back and some hp and torque i can def tell. I'm very pleased with flowmaster's but could i instal a x pipe or y pipe which one will give me even more back pressure?

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

you dont want too much backpressure back either but most of the people (street legal drag type cars) go back and forth between weather an H or X pipe are better. Since you have the true duals I would say the X instead of the Y. It will help to even out the exhaust flow which is important.

3. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah i plan on gettin a x pipe sometime down the road. I can tell a major difference with the dual flowmasters compared to the straights it drives like it was stock again with the power but has a good sound out the exhaust. I can tell i'm laggin some on back pressure somewhat not allot but from what i heard a x pipe will give you more and can also increase torque and horsepower some.