Installed GM 6" Oval Assist Steps

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by MAsZ71, Oct 25, 2009.

Newest Photos

1. MAsZ71

MAsZ71 New Member 100 Posts

Installed GM 6" Oval Assist Steps (includes Installation Instructions)

After a fair amount of research, I decided to go with the GM 6" Assist Steps. Very easy installation! Instructions are a little weak, but once I laid out all the chevy parts and looked under the truck, it all became obvious! Here's a picture:

UPDATE: I also included a copy of the installation instructions below.

[​IMG]

Page 1:
    [​IMG]

Page 2:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  2. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nice looking addition. Keep those mods and pics coming.

You might want to take pics and write a narrative and post it in the "Write Ups" section.:glasses:
  3. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Lookin' Good! Those will make a big difference getting in and out!
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Those are pretty nice looking, but your missing one thing. I would get some Big Rig lights from Recon, that way the boards would be completely lit up at night time. Great looking addition to the truck though, keep us posted! :great:
  5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looks great! I have steps on my truck for that very same reason, my wife is only 5' 1"! :great:
  6. MAsZ71

Thanks guys! Yea, this upgrade was more for the wife and young daughter. I figured I do this one first before starting on MY upgrades!!:great:
  7. s5belford

s5belford New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

looks great, I wish I would have gotten the oval ones rather than the round but they were a little out of my budget.

I think they look more tough and give off a better finished look, maybe one of these days I'll track some down.
  8. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looks good. Great job. Im not a big fan of steps, but I had to get them for my wife and kids also.
  9. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit New Member

Are those only available at the dealership? Im scared to ask how much they set you back.

However they are the style I like the most.
  10. MAsZ71

The owner of the company I work for owns several dealerships, so we get parts pretty cheap. These aren't cheap. They retail for $650. But there are several GM parts websites that sell them at a descent savings. You can find them for between $550 and $600 delivered. There a few similar looking aftermarket steps available that are a good bit cheaper. I just wanted to have the GM ones for my truck.