1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Installed HID fogs......

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Stouffer, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Stouffer

Stouffer New Member

Finally got around to installing the fog HID kit I got for xmas. Easiest install yet. Just looking for some opinions. The company sent me 3k(yellow) instead of the 6k(white blueish). I have the 6k in low and highs already. I am partial as I have not seen the 3k at night but I they looked okay in the day. What does everyone else think? I can't exchange the bulbs b/c it is 30 days after we received them. It is only $38 shipped for new bulbs so not to worried about that. Also removed the lower air dam shield in the process, looks a lot better IMO.
  2. BLK-Z71

BLK-Z71 New Member

I would keep the 3k's.
  3. Stouffer

Stouffer New Member

Am highly considering now that I have had a chance to see them at night. Makes a good contrast.
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

All of my PIAA lights that I have are 3800K (yellow), and It was hard for me to get used to them at night. They almost play tricks on your eyes, but I found they are the best for fog snow, and rain.
  5. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 New Member

Personally i dont like 3000k but if you like them you should keep them!
  6. 08SierraZ71

08SierraZ71 New Member

Supplier?

Just wondering where you were able to get the fog light HIDs. I've been looking for awhile but they dont seem to be a very popular bulb. Don't know why GM would pick such a random bulb for the fogs.
  7. Gmcsuvguy

Gmcsuvguy New Member

I have been looking for HID light for my fog lights on my 09 truck also.
  8. J.DEERE

J.DEERE New Member

9. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 New Member

+ 1,000,000,000,000

I'm still trying to decide if I want all my lights to match (8K Highs, Lows, & Fogs) or get the 3K fogs with the 8k Highs & Lows...