1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Installed LED FOG lights & Switchback LED parking lights

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by AMac, May 9, 2012.

1. jake's silverado

jake's silverado New Member 100 Posts

AMac... Nice work... that truck looks sweet!
  2. AMac

AMac New Member 100 Posts

First you have to identify the bulb size for the lights you want to replace;
    http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applications/automotive-lighting-systems/Pages/lrgmain.aspx

Then you can either google the bulb size + "LED bulb" or similar; or you can check out iJDMtoy.com
  3. AMac

Thought I added a pic of the lower lights but I now see that I didn't. So I think it's official, no more incandescence bulbs in the lawn ornament. [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] Can it be a lawn ornament if the pics I take are with the truck always in a different location? :money:

LED parking lights_closer to night.jpg

LED Parking Lights_Switchbacks.jpg
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If that's the primary reason it moves (and the secondary reasons are to wash or refuel it), then yes. :rofl:
  5. DanPruski

DanPruski New Member

Yeah, i know the bulb numbers to use and everything, i just was told that you can only have a certain number of LED's or they can over heat the housings, that you cant run LED's in the DRL's, and was told that switchbacks wont work with chevy's. Thats mainly what i was asking, if theres anything needed to be done to make them work properly.
  6. AMac

I'm not familiar with this information about LEDs and have never had an issue with any that I've run.
  7. 2k8z71

2k8z71 New Member 100 Posts

I did my LED's today but since I'm not at my computer, I can't load any pictures but will have some up in the next day or so. I don't think they are as bright as AMac's are but they will work for me.
  8. 2k8z71

2k8z71 New Member 100 Posts

Here is a link to the album I got set up for the LED's. I wasn't able to get a pic of the lights out of the housings though. But I did end up buying a test light to find the correct wires. The bottom parking/signal lights had 6 wires to them. The extra 3 were for the upper light bulb. Still needed to run all 4 on resistors. Like I said before though, they don't seem to be as bright as AMac's. I might order some that match my HID's better but that will be something I do later. Hope the link works:
    http://s467.photobucket.com/albums/rr32/clarks2001/silverado/
  9. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 New Member 100 Posts

I like the white running lights idea...something i definitely want to do... Would look great with all my 6k hids!
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
  10. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member 100 Posts

THIS IS SICK!!!! Big props to you on that mod! I will probably be copying this haha. I will have my headlamps out anyways to install HIDs again soon anyways, may as well do it while they're out right? :great: