1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Installed my leveling kit and Wheels....

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Bama Z71, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Bama Z71

Bama Z71 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Just got it complete...... I've had the truck for two months and now I have it exactly how I want it... i removed the front valance , blacked out the Bowties , tinted my front two windows , got Flowmaster Super 44 exhaust installed , put on a 2.5" leveling kit (and new brakes while I was at it) , and finally sold those stock 17' steel wheels and bought some of the 18"s that I love on these trucks , and purchased my Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's 305/60/18's , oh yeah-today took the dash apart and removed the TPMS LED , since the new wheels didn't come with the sensors.:glasses:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  2. RSQ-Chief

RSQ-Chief New Member

Looks great what did you use to black out the bowties?

3. Bama Z71

Bama Z71 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I sanded them down with very fine sand paper , then wet sanded them - to get them as smooth as possible , taped up the chrome around the rear one and put 4-5 light coats of gloss black spray paint , let it dry between coats and finally 3-4 coats of clearr coat from a spray can. Acourse I had removed them for this and the front one just pops back on and the rear one takes a little adhesive.

4. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks great man!! You've got to be happy with the results!

5. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Truck looks great!

6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

You've been very busy....the work is paying off, as your truck looks GREAT! Thanks for sharing.....

7. MPC-Silverado

MPC-Silverado Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

wow looks really sharp

8. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Looks great, man! Good job and congrats on the new upgrades.

9. SliverZ71

SliverZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

:great:looks good

10. Good job, she's stitting pretty and ready to take some names! :sign0011: