GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Installed new 4.56 gears...

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by mad1500hd, Aug 10, 2012.

1. mad1500hd

mad1500hd New Member

so i had my 4.56 gears installed yesterday...it's very cool...but i guess i didn't realize that those gears would throw my ABS light to come on.

My buddy told me that the speed sensors aren't registering at the same speed causing the ABS light to come on...i didn't know that...

and from what i've been finding online, there is a programmer by Hypertech called Speedometer Calibrator...i have no experience with these programmers...and was just wondering if anyone has any input or other ideas...

thanks in advance...as always...it is much appreciated. :glasses:
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Diablosport tuners can turn it off. As I have a custom tune (Diablew tune -- performed by @06MonteSS on this site) I had the 4.56 gear change rolled into my custom tune by Lew prior to havingthe work done, such that as soon as I picked up the truck I installed a new tune to avoid the idiot lights.

Lew sells Diablosport equipment as well as custom tunes (and I believe he does bundles). Reach out to him if interested; he's great to deal with. I'm not on the payroll -- I'm just a very satisfied customer.
  3. mad1500hd

mad1500hd New Member

thanks SurrealOne...i forgot about Lew...i will definitely give him a shout...thanks for the info!
  4. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS New Member

forgot about me?? :(

LOL
  5. mad1500hd

mad1500hd New Member

Sorry Lew! I'll PM you tomorrow!!!