1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

installed overhead DVD player, now the truck is "slow" to start. Help?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by hutch_pt, Nov 3, 2010.

1. hutch_pt

hutch_pt Rockstar 100 Posts

So, we decided to put in our own switch, and draw the power from constant 12V (pretty much straight from the battery), and it took care of the problem. Now my issue is installing the switch "permanently." Do you have any good advice for location? And, how do I remove the dash in the new body style? I know on the 04 silvy, it was pretty much just "pushed" into place. Is this the case with the new body style as well?

Thanks!
  2. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Best place to mount the switch imo would be under the dash, there is a endless places to mount it down there; by far the easiest and probably cleanest install place. Another option would be is where the satbilitrak buttons are the little hole below the two 12v sockets (granted its available for you).

The NBS are pushed into place, I've removed mine several times. I just grab above the radio and pull out should just pop out of place. Be careful and not to break the clips that hold it into place (ive taken mine off several times have yet to break one.. im really careful and take my time)
  3. kimikmy

kimikmy New Member