1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Installing a BedRug in a Chevy Avalanche

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Enkeiavalanche, Nov 14, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Well I have had mine for a while and I love it. It has been through a lot it has carried Everything you can think of Photo-0479.jpg Photo-0374.jpg It has been Camped in DSCF1551.jpg Sat on.. 172resize.jpg 173resize.jpg And more so After all of this I got a rip on a seam Did not think much about it and it still did it's job well.. At Carlisle this year one of the BedRug reps saw the seam and said we can replace it if you like.. bedrugrip.jpg So after thinking about how much of a pain it might be to remove it with the Boat hatches I took it out and sent it back.. Biggest problem was finding a box big enough for it But I did and they sent FedEx to get it..

- - - Updated - - -

So after a week I got the new one in today,, Large Box Willy had to check it out first.. bedrug1.jpg bedrug2.jpg Then it was out to the truck. I cleaned up the floor first and put some spray wax on bedrug3.jpg bedrug6.jpg bedrug5.jpg I put the Rubber mat back in bedrug7.jpg And time to get to work..

- - - Updated - - -

Alot of it is held in with Velcro So I had to prep the walls I had some on the bottom already from the old one.. bedrug23.jpg I spent the next 20 mins putting on the Velcro and getting the fit right. But they are good with that they follow the contour of the Avalanche well.. bedrug20.jpg bedrug21.jpg bedrug22.jpg Then I had to cut a small hole for my 3 way switch.. bedrug19.jpg bedrug18.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Got it all in and Now time to cut holes for the Tempress Boat Hatches.. bedrug16.jpg bedrug15.jpg bedrug14.jpg bedrug13.jpg Start by cutting a X into the area then just be careful and cut out your hole with a good NEW Blade Test fit the door and you are good to go.. bedrug10.jpg Had to predrill new holes in the rug for the screws.. bedrug9.jpg bedrug8.jpg And all done..... bedrug12.jpg bedrug13.jpg bedrug11.jpg Hope you liked this write up and if you are ever looking for something to cover the back and still be able to camp out on it Bedrug is the way to go... http://www.bedrug.com/
  2. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 100 Posts

Hey Enkie, that is the first one of those I have seen, its a pretty neat set up, did you do the lights or is that factory, if you did them, who makes them please, and one more thing, I am just curious about, how big was the shipping box with the carlisle girls and the matt, and did they arrive in good condition. lol.
  3. BRB46

BRB46 New Member 100 Posts

Nice write up. Looks like the old one served you well. Did they replace it for free? If so great deal.
  4. Enkeiavalanche

The Box was a nice size BUT only the BedRug was in it.. The lights are made by Extang which I belive is now part of the same Co..http://www.extang.com/docs/blight.html Found them and Yes they are the same Co now..
    [​IMG]

And yes it was replaced under Warranty
  5. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 100 Posts

Thanks Enkei, got to check those out,
  6. Enkeiavalanche

I might be working on something with them.. Stay tuned........:glasses:
  7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looks great!! I have had bed rugs in all my trucks, and I love them. I also use my truck for camping and hauling, still looks like brand new.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's pics of my bedrug in my Colorado, It's been in there for 8 years and still looks like new. I used to have the extang lights like Glenn has, but they weren't bright enough for me so I bought a set of LED underbody lights and put them under the bed rails. Works like a charm!!

100_0759.jpg 100_0755.jpg 100_0751.jpg
  8. Enkeiavalanche

:glasses: Bright!!!!! Look'in good...