Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Installing a CD player in 94 chevy

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by runninlope, Dec 21, 2009.

1. runninlope

runninlope New Member

Ok guys i have heard severle things that i need to buy to instal my new cd player in my pick up. But does anyone know what i really need? Will i need the new face place that goes over the 2 heater vents of can i put the cd player where the tape deck and cuby hole was? Thats my biggest problem then will i need mounting brackets or anything like that? I am planning on just hard wiring everything to the cd player so i wont need another wire connector. Some PLEASE help

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

www.crutchfield.com, if you havent bought you cdplayer yet get it there and you will get ALL hardware for free and most liekly the shipping free as well given the time of the year

3. runninlope

runninlope New Member

i have already bought it

4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You will need a mounting plate for the cd player so it will fit in the middle of the console where you have the factory tape deck or cubby hole. there isnt enough depth there without it. you can get a wire harness for 9 bucks at walmart. it will make it much easier to get it.

5. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

If you are hard wiring your system and running new wires from the head unit to your speakers, all you will need is the dash kit...

Crutchfield has what you need...

Gray

Black

Garnet Red

Beige

Dark Blue

Cognac

Plus if you had the 2 piece stereo, they have the filler piece for the dash where the stock head unit was...

Cubby Storage

6. fairyandtroll

fairyandtroll New Member

I Wouldn't do it

If you don't know anything about stereo installation than I strongly recommend you have it installed by a specialty shop, with truck of lately you can fry a computer or "Pop" an Airbag easily.

And if you still want to try to do it yourself just don't use a light bulb test light to check your wires!!! Only use a meter or properly rated test light that is computer/airbag safe. Or you could be in for a surprise! :gasp:
    Good Luck!!

7. TritonBoulder47

Not in a 94, they don't have air-bags... And the computer is completely separate...

8. runninlope

runninlope New Member

well my dad is doing asll the wiring in it, i was just curious as if i needed a ned cover over the vents or if i just needed the mounting brackets to go in the cuby hole thats already there. Also i heard somethin was different with the antenna and that i might need a new adapter

9. TritonBoulder47

You'll need an antenna adapter, but they are only a couple of bucks...

10. cwbontheyfz

cwbontheyfz Rockstar

the vents

the vents will be part of the new dash pice that you can get at walmart or best buy or any stereo shop i have had 3 94s and put stereos in all of them the stock stereo is plugged in near the gas pedal its a shinny box with three plugs and the intenna just take the entire box out its a waiste of space and buy the dash filler to remove the stock head unit it makes a great place to put you wallet wen your driving.