1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Installing a motorcycle brake/license plate light on my Silverado, help!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by RichStom, Sep 16, 2010.

1. RichStom

RichStom New Member

I have an 06 silverado with a roll pan installed, needless to say the aftermarket license plate light got hot and barley worked (even partially melted the plastic cover) after about a month of use so today I was looking in my local auto parts store and found a product by StreetGlow thats supposed to be for a motorcycle. That didnt stop me from buying it heh heh anyways my question is that it also has a brake light built into the license plate light directly above it and was wondering where i should hook up the red (brake light wire) to? I know theres alot of wires back there in those 3 plugs but not sure which one is the actual brake light wire.. Any help is appreciated