1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Installing a Tablet

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Dcjosh123, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Dcjosh123

Dcjosh123 New Member

So im new to this whole Forum thing but i have a 2008 Silverado LT crew cab and im looking into installing a Toshiba Thrive Tablet into my dash or the center consule. does anyone know if this can be done and what do i need to do it. Also will it work with the stock stereo? i would like to at some point have all the motor indic on it. Thanks for your help
  2. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

DC stop by the intro thread and say hi there so we all get a chance to meet you, and yes it can be done, but its lots of work and planing,,,,
    I have my service truck done up for a laptop/gps and laser equipment, I have started the top kick with the basics, but have not gone any father with it as of yet.....but will venture back down that road in the months to come.... as to making sure everything is compatible will be your first step, and its a big one.. had lots of troubles with the service truck......
  3. osgprometheus

osgprometheus Member 2 Years 100 Posts

You can pretty much put anything in the dash or console with proper planning. It CAN be done, but cross all your t's and dot all of your I's.
  4. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What is it that you want to be able to do with your tablet? There are a lot of cool things you can do with a tab, including OBDII monitoring, GPS and other stuff. It all depends upon what you want to do and your level of skill!
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

As moogvo stated there are tons of things you can do with a tablet. My concern would be what happens when your tablet breaks? If that exact tablet is not around in a few years you are stuck with a hole that has to be filled with another tablet. Chances are the tablets will just get smaller and smaller