1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Installing Driving Lamps on 09 Silverado - Mounting Questions

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by a312, Nov 8, 2010.

1. a312

a312 New Member

I am trying to figure out the best way/place to mount some aftermarket LED driving lights on my 2009 Chevy Silverado LT 4X4 . The LED lights are approx. 3”x3” and mount with one bolt on a u-bracket. The truck doesn’t have factory fog lights, so there is no cut-out in the existing bumper valance. Has anyone mounted aftermarket lights to their front ends and if so, where did you end up mounting them? If not, does anyone have any ideas how to go about installing them without using a brush guard or having to add a similar bar?

Any comments/suggestions appreciated. Thanks
  2. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

my crew cab has same bumpercorners as you---I found pics and idea on this site about mounting them behind the grill----pics didn't look too bad!!!!
  3. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

I've been wanting to add some fog lights for a while now, without having to replace the bumper corners. I was thinking about making some custom brackets that would mount to one side of the tow hooks, using the same bolts and still keeping the tow hooks. It should be easy enough, but I'm still up in the air whether to make a complete light bar instead. That may be too low to mount driving lights, depending on how high you want them. If I was just mounting driving lights, I would also go with putting them behind the grill. A few people on here have them that way, and I've seen some in person on an F250 :rolleyes: that look real nice and inconspicuous.