1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

installing headers

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by newcheylover, Jan 24, 2013.

1. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member

I could right a book on the difference... and tell you how you will gain the most benefit from the long tubes... but heres an article on the subject... the key to the benefit is that the long tube header create a vaccum so to speak that aids in evacating the exhaust gases from the exhaust ports. Http://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...whats-best-for-your-vette-aftermarketnews.php
  2. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

I don't doubt you, and I know nothing about headers, I'm just going off the video that was posted on this thread. I've always heard you get the most benefits from long tubes.
  3. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member

Either way you go is going to make a difference... When I think of short headers I think of an application with limited space such as a street rod etc. Where long tubes won't fit. It's tough decision... To complicate it the short tube headers ARe usually significantly cheaper. To me the long tubes offer gains over a wider RPM range and therefore worth the extra $$$.