Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

installing powered sub got Qs

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by kylegillean, Jul 19, 2009.

1. kylegillean

kylegillean Former Member

Does anybody know the best place to put a powered sub in a regular cab. its just not working out. im loosing a lot of seating.

also the truck has a pioneer cd player in it and i need to wire through how to you get the player out? do i need to take the dash panel off? and how do i wire the rca wires from the cd player back to the amp? any good ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. Project1

Project1 Rockstar 100 Posts

what size sub we talken here ? 8, 10, 12, 15

3. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 Rockstar 100 Posts

You'll have to take the dash panel off. Im guessing yours is the same as mine so it a big piece and it goes around the stereo+vents+the steering wheel. You'll need to put it in 1 to get the piece off. If you didnt put the stereo in yourself, then im not sure what you would do. I got an aftermarket mounting bracket for the new radio that just has a pin on each side you pull down and it just slides out. On my alpine there are RCA ports on the back for all the speakers. Not sure about pioneer but thats how my alpine is. As for the sub, i'd just check out shallow mount(thin) subs that dont take up as much room. JL Audio has one thats a 13 inch.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?series_id=30

I really recommend JL Audio. They are great.

4. kylegillean

kylegillean Former Member

[​IMG]

this is it. its a 12 inch and not too shallow. its a piece but better than just sitting around. i have a tow stowage plastic cover i can take off that will give me a little more room

5. Chevyman224

Chevyman224 Rockstar 100 Posts

Are you on a limited budget?

6. Chevyman224

Chevyman224 Rockstar 100 Posts