1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Installing roof rack on Chevy Traverse

Discussion in 'Chevy Traverse Forum (GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave)' started by greeneyes, Mar 7, 2014.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. greeneyes

greeneyes New Member

I purchased this system , but noticed there's not a lot of instruction. For the metal channels.

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

What system? What vehicle is it for?

3. greeneyes

greeneyes New Member

Roof rack

Sorry it's a 2012 Traverse ,From my understanding I need to remove screws and washers. Then replace screws without washers with about 42lbs(5.m) Thanks

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Will this help?

5. greeneyes

greeneyes New Member

Installing roof rack

Thank you but I saw those videos on utube, I was looking for info on the metal channels before you add this. I guess I'll use a little locktite and screw them down. Thanks again.

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I've been thinking of doing this as well. I was told something about getting metal channels but didn't exhaustively look into it.

7. ChevyFan

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014