Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Installing Trans Temp Gauge in 2002 1500

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by lvz2ryd, Mar 31, 2010.

1. lvz2ryd

lvz2ryd Rockstar

Has anyone ever put a transmission temperature gauge in a 99-02 1500 silverados? I know the 2500 came with one in the instrument cluster. I know the engine and transmission are different, but the message center has a light for too hot conditions. Any electrical gurus out there know if I can use any existing wiring?
    Thanks for the help.

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

On the 99' and up Silverado's they are pre-wired from the factory from the Trans.Temp Gauge.I put in a Escalade Dash Cluster in my Silverado.I bought the Cluster on E-bay.....The only item that needs to be done is to have the New Cluster programmed for the Current mileage on your ride.After that it is a Plug-n-Play.Below is the cluster in my Silverado.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  3. lvz2ryd

lvz2ryd Rockstar

Wow, thats a sharp looking bowtie. Thanks for the info. I have a new trans temp gauge that fits in the spot where all the other trans temps are.

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Thank you for the kind words.....:glasses:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I always wondered before i got rid of my newer trucks if that would work.. That things looks awsome in there.. Very nice.. and it looks like it is supposed to be there...

6. 99'HEARTBEAT

There was 2 reason's I put the Esky Cluster in,.......the 1st is it is a better looking Cluster than the Stock Cluster and 2nd is Because of the Trans Temp Gauge.....It has been one of the Best and Easiest mods I've done to my Truck...