Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Instrument Cluster dead, battery drain, will not move.....

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by monroefiredog, Sep 24, 2012.

1. monroefiredog

monroefiredog New Member

My 04 trailblazer started to run really rough, so I cleaned the throttle body. Then it ran better, but I ma now having a different problem. The battery was weak, so I went and bought a new battery. It sat a week while I was outta town, came back tried to start it, battery was graveyard dead! Now all the gauges have stopped working and the car will not move! Any ideas? I need some help ...i am stuck on what to do now....​

Read more: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=99252#ixzz27PDmgVNu

2. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

Have you tried to jump it? Check your terminals, make sure they're clean and secure. If you can jump it and get the truck to function properly, you probably just overlooked something installing the new battery... But, if the battery continues to die after sitting, you probably have a draw on the battery (which was probably why the old battery was weak) Then you'll have to start chasing to find the problem.

3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

4. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

Okay I had a very similar issue this summer and from what my mechanic who is a family friend. GMC's in that year are notorious for the instrument panel dieing. Its a default and you have to have it sent off to get rebuilt or sometimes you can find a new one. Its about $200 fix if you stay away from the dealer.