Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

instrument cluster lights

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Kickerking817, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Kickerking817

Kickerking817 Rockstar

The lights on my 2004 tahoe instrument cluster are starting to become dim, I was wondering how I would go about installing new lights and also what size.
  2. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

3. Kickerking817

Kickerking817 Rockstar

I don't think my lights twist lock, it looks like they are sodered to the circuit board.
  4. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I'm not sure on that, I have not taken that year cluster apart.
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well I am assuming that it is the same cluster I have in my 05 Silverado, as mine are also soldered to the main board. I don't know what size the bulbs are, but they are small than a 194 bulb if you can picture that. I am doing an LED upgrade with my cluster, and I bought a bunch of 5mm LED's to solder into there which will be a tight fit with all of the resistors. Here's a picture of one of the bulbs, and in my cluster I have 12 of them so lot's and lot's of soldering. Just replacing it with a stock bulb you still have to desolder it, and then solder in the new bulb.

[​IMG]
  6. Kickerking817

Kickerking817 Rockstar

When you get it all done I would love to see some pics, I might just do the same if it's not too hard.
  7. Stonewall42

Stonewall42 Member

You should try ebay too, they have some reverse glow gauges on there for about $18 shipping included
  8. taz

taz New Member

Having trouble finding replacement bulb part number

I have four bulbs burnt out in my instrument cluster. Followed the link above to the Sylvania replacement guide and was told that I needed PC195 or PC74. Local auto parts store only had the 74 in stock but after getting them home I realized they're not the right bulbs. From what I can tell I don't think the 195 is either. Can someone point me in a direction to (1) identify what the stock bulbs part #'s are and (2) where I can purchase?

They're not the twist lock type, they are exactly like what's in the picture above with the square, blue base that is soldered right to the circuit board... and I can't seem where to purchase them anywhere....

HELP!!!!
  9. rt4x4

rt4x4 New Member

10. ElbowJoe

ElbowJoe Member

Hey guys. I have a 2003 Suburban with a few dash lights out as well. Does anyone have any specs on the LEDs that will replace these little incandescent wheat bulbs that are in the dash? Also how do the LED's react to the use of the dimmer for the dash lights? One last thing. Can you just replace the incandescents that are out with LEDs or do you have to replace all of the bulbs if moving to LEDs?

Thanks in advance.