Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Instrument cluster repair

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by state guy, Jun 7, 2009.

1. state guy

state guy New Member

I'm trying to replace the stepper motor in my 2005 Silverado cluster myself. I've got the panel out and apart, but I cannot get the indicators, or pointers, off the motor shaft. I've pulled about as hard as I dare and not one of them even budges. What's the trick?

2. TJ smith

TJ smith New Member

Ok just replaced a couple on my 05 trailblazer.Use an ordinary fork. Slide fork under the needle base and pry up. Put a piece of masking tape down first and mark needle location.
    I had to replace 2 stepper mtrs and it worked fine.
    Take care
    TJ

3. state guy

state guy New Member

Thanks, TJ. Sounds like that should work. Let you know how it turns out soon as I get the motors.

4. BlueBullet04

BlueBullet04 Member

when i got my new gauge cluster face it came with a golf divot repair tool? everyones got one laying around and it worked just fine, didnt mark up the plastics at all