1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

instrument cluster

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by operatortom, May 4, 2010.

1. operatortom

operatortom New Member

i was wandering if an instrument cluster out of a 1993 chevy 1500 will interchange with my 1990 silvirado instrument cluster. i know most parts will but dont want to buy the wrong cluster. thank you

thank you tom
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Nope... I just went thru all of this i dont know if you are after a tach of if your cluster is faulty or what but if you read this thread http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40704 and have any more questions I will be happy to help you. I spent nearly a month on this dilemma...
  3. operatortom

operatortom New Member

thanks for the response. what i've got is a 90 chevy and the speedometer wont work. i've tested everything back to the instrument cluster and found it is faulty. i've found a guy with a 93 chevy1500 parts truck on internet who has a cluster but i dont know if it will fit my 90 1500. i dont know when chevy changed styles. thank again
  4. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

1992 is when the pins will not work... so from 1988-1991 as long as they are the same clusters they will work. (ie one has needles if youi have that style it has to have needles, and if it is the sweep style then it has to match that)...
  5. Incoming_Nachos

Incoming_Nachos New Member