Instument cluster gauge lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by Juggalo, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Juggalo

Juggalo New Member

I have an 03 express and ever since i got it the lights for the gauges haven't worked. All of the other lights in the cluster work fine but everything from the speeedometer to the oil pressure to the voltage just don't work. The fuse is fine and the radio and the mileage dim when the headlights are on so I don't think its the switch. I got it at 289000 miles from a company who has a fleet. And they wouldn't replace bulbs if they needed them I know. So is it possible that they just all burnt out one by one? I know its unlikely but I can't think of anything else bad wire maybe? I need help

2. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I know that this is an old thread but I used to have a Dodge Charger with a completely dark dash. the previous owner kept a flashlight in the seat to see it at night. After screwing around tracing wiring and looking for fuses, I discovered that indeed every single dash light was blown. This included the cluster, radio, climate controls... Everything. So it IS possible that they are just blown bulbs.