Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Instument panel cluster question

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by murph, May 3, 2009.

1. murph

murph New Member

Hi ya'll, think I'm getting someplace but wanted to ask someone who would know so here I am. I have two Silverados. One is a 1990 1/2 ton extended cab 2 door, replaced the engine and trannie a while back and the speedo/odometer is intermittant so I'm getting ready to replace the dash cluster which seems pretty straight forward. The half ton is a four speed auto. I just bought a 1989 3/4 ton regular cab cause it was cheap and is a good runner but will need some trannie work. Also noticed the odometer is not working on this one either. Looking at the dash panel it is almost identical to the 1/2 ton except it shows it as a 3 speed, no overdrive like on the 1/2 ton. Couldn't find any other info but looks like the cluster may already have been replaced. My question is is that the right panel cluster the one with just three speeds for the 3/4 ton? Don't want to replace it with the wrong one. Newbie here so any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance. Murph