1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Insurance and road taxes for a Suburban for one year

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Davandy, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Insurance and road taxes for a Suburban for one year, how much In Europe and how much in the USA what are the differences between Europe and the USA?

Let me start, I pay $700 insurance and $2000 road taxes :shock:
    The reason I start this topic is because I have no idea how much it is in the USA
    :oops:
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Insurance for liability insurance for me is about $150/6 months becuase I don't drive it very often. In Texas, the "road taxes" are just simply the vehicle registration fees, which cost me about $60/year. Each state does taxes differently. Most states add a small tax onto the sale of gasoline to pay for roads as well.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

My new Trailblazer is about $800/year for insurnace, for liability, comprehensive and collision.
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

Taxes: $0.00 There is no property tax on cars in my town. but we have about $1.50 in taxes per gal of gas.

Insurance: $200.00/year
  5. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I've got to move to Rhode Island :wink: