Insurance: What do you pay?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jun 8, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just curious what everyone pays for insurance and who your carrier is.

I insure two vehicles and I pay about $500 for 6 months for 100/50/50 coverage with liability on both and comp/collision on the TrailBlazer.

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

We pay $1045 every six months for 100/50/50 coverage with liability, comprehensive and collision on the HHR, Tacoma, and Suburban. The Wrangler and the Silverado Dually only have liability. The Silverado, Suburban, and Wrangler are listed as limited use vehicles since they usually drive less than a 1000 miles a year.
    The Motorhome and boat have an All State RV policy for $375 a year with full coverage, and the Harley's are both under a Geico motorcycle full coverage policy that runs $155 a year.
    I've been with Geico for over 25 years, they were the only company that would insure our vehicles when we were living overseas.

3. Dan

Dan Rockstar 100 Posts

about the same as you but i have 1/2 mil liability and collision amd comp with 250.00 dedutable on my gmc through country companys....

Dan

4. bostic8

bostic8 Rockstar

I pay 469 every 6 months for my 2001 silverado and my wifes 2002 trailblazer full coverage 500/250/250. We go through METLIFE.

5. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yes :party: for the first time I’m better off than you guys I pay $475 for a year but when I'm in the fault I have to pay my own damage :neutral:

6. black jack

black jack Rockstar 100 Posts

i pay $200basic coverage no collision on 2 vehicals and thats through gmac. if you have onstar and travel low miles plus there is other discounts they give. you can get your insurance pretty cheap.

7. dryfuss10

dryfuss10 Rockstar 100 Posts

I pay 48.oo for the wife chevy cobalt and 185 a mo for my commerical ins

8. GoFastPadre

GoFastPadre Rockstar 100 Posts

Well as I like to drive fast and have the speeding tickets to prove it.... I pay about $275 a month on the 06 Grand Prix, my truck and a 93 Acurra. I have 100/300 with a $250 ded. Full coverage on the new and Liability on the Acura

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Member

I pay about 108 a month for comp/collision on my 01 silverado 5.3.