1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

intake and exhaust

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ShadowZ81, Jan 29, 2010.

1. ShadowZ81

ShadowZ81 New Member

I recently traded my 2002 silverado for a 2009 texas edition. I had Airaid intake on it ( i pulled it off) and a ported throttle body. I tried to take the TB off, but i couldnt get to the clamp to unhook the coolent hose from it, so i left it on (and cried, lol) I was wondering, since i cant look at it now (stupid rain and snow), will the intake that fit the 02, also fit on the 09? the 02 was a 4.8 v8, and the 09 is a 5.3 v8. also, where can i find ported throttle bodies for sale? trust me, they do make a huge difference in power, and prolly MPG as well, so i need one. ...and of course exhaust. If i replace the exhaust now, do i kiss the 3year 36k mile GM warranty goodbye? if not, whats the best system to go with? I saw on youtube that corsa sounds awesome. any ideas?