1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

intake pics wanted

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by jerrynino, Feb 5, 2009.

1. jerrynino

jerrynino Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

anybody have any intake pics on their 2007+ new body silverado?
    im looking into getting one but i wanna know where the majority of the different brands hook up to.
  2. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

they will all hook up to the throttle body
  3. jerrynino

well im looking at afe and aem because they offer dry filters for a good price... i dont wanna hasle with the cleaning and oiling. my old afe for my colorado was a little different than my friend's aem and i just wanted to see pics... thanks for the response though
  4. mehoff400

mehoff400 Rockstar 100 Posts

??? i dont get why you would want to get an dry filter over an oiled filter heres pics of me AFE for my 04
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. cascott325

6. Stouffer

Stouffer Rockstar 100 Posts

The K&N has better performance #'s than the AEM and is cheaper as well I believe. I have had both the aem and K&N on other vehicles and went back to K&N fot the truck
  7. jerrynino

well just how difficult is it to clean an oiled one? and re-oil? because thats the main reason why i dont get one of those... you guys got me thinking now... thanks for the pics btw
  8. mehoff400

mehoff400 Rockstar 100 Posts

its as simple as spraying it with a cleaner washing it with a hose... maybe do that a couple times if its really dirty and let it sit and dry then spray it with an oiler that re oils it
  9. cascott325

man its so simple. i have a shower head that you can move around with a hose attached to it, so i usually do mine in the bath tub only b/c i can really get those bugs outta there good. you soak'er down with the cleaner and then wash'er off and then let'er dry and oil'er up. its an aerosol spray oil, so its easy. the recharge kit is like $10.88 at advance auto. a lot cheaper than going and buying a whole new filter.
  10. brownpridex111

brownpridex111 Rockstar 100 Posts

maybe this helps
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009