1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Intake swap .

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Eddie Don, Feb 10, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Eddie Don

Eddie Don New Member

[​IMG] I have a 1997 Silverado extend cab 5.7 does any one know if a intake from a 5.3 can be put on my 5.7???[​IMG]

2. silverhobey

silverhobey Member 100 Posts

i wouldn't know, but maybe cross-refernecing the parts for both engine sizes on some of the
    websites would help gather a conclusion for you ......good luck
  3. PearlWhiteLTZ

PearlWhiteLTZ New Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and say, no way...those two engines are from different worlds. Just eyeballing the intakes you see major differences. The 5.3 is plastic or composite and the lifter galey is sealed off by a plate rather than the bottom of the intake itself.

If you're looking for more HP, try swapping out an intake from a camaro or firebird with the 5.7...and TB, and injectors, ect ect...
  4. Sheep3

Sheep3 New Member

Basically nothing from the new gen LS small block swaps to the old SBC series (265-400ci).