Inter-changable bumpers

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Pete4757, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Pete4757

Pete4757 New Member

I have a 2010 1500 Silverado and Iwant a chrome front bumper. Does anyone know if the HD bumpers will fit the 1500 frame?

2. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

I would like to know this too...the new one piece HD bumpers look so much better than the one I've got. I know the grill looks taller so I'm sure you would have to change that too. Maybe some one out there has attempted this?

3. Pete4757

Pete4757 New Member

I have been looking for the factory 20's." Did your rims come with the rims?

4. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

i haven't swapped any, but ive pulled both apart at work and i think you can do it as long as you swap all the brackets and the tow hooks

5. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm guessing you were referring to me, then no, my truck came with the 17" aluminum rims. I was going to get bigger tires for it (285s) when the time came, but the newspaper guy stopped by one day when I was outside and made me a nice offer. His friend had brand new 20s from either a tahoe or avalanche that he immediately took off to put on 22s or 24s or something like that. I bought his 20s and then sold my 17s (still with good tread on the tires) for $400. I made out in the end and I like how it fills in the wheel wells more.

What did you think about the grill...would you have to swap for the HD one of would the 1500 grill still fit? I haven't really got up close to look at one. I did notice there is a chrome strip that attaches to the edge of the hood that makes up the top of the grill. It would be neat if you can do it...something to think about.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  6. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

i think it really depends o the hood you got....we put a vortec maxx hood from a 1500 hd on my boss' gmc 2500hd. and really since it so much easier to remove the bumper with the grille off i didnt take much notice to the grilles