Interior cloth failure on 89' silverado

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Porter148, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Porter148

Porter148 New Member

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what they did to fix it... I recently purchased a 89 silverado and the roof interior cloth started to sag. So my dad and I tore it down rubbed the old contact cement off, and put new glue on.
    It worked good for the first couple of days then on the third day started to sag again. Now its back to how it was before. I was considering replacing it with seude (micro fiber) but maybe there is an alternative route? Any advice is appriciated!!:great:

-Derek

2. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

shop around you can find them cheap if you look in the right places. I have an 89 Silverado sport that sagged on me like that. I also pulled off the old material on mine but i rubbed off all the old contact cement and got it down to the foam then went and bought a can of the interior paint (dye) and just painted the thing up. if you didn't know it was painted foam you'd never think anything of it to look at it. turned out pretty well if i do say so myself.

3. Porter148

Porter148 New Member

Thanks i think ill try that :)