1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Interior Courtesy Light Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by afret, May 21, 2009.

1. afret

afret New Member

I have a 2008 silverado with the DIC using the trip meter method.

I have remote entry and electric locks and when I press the button all the exterior lights come on but the interior courtesy lights do not.

Is there some kind of setting I am missing that needs to be set so that the interior lights come on when I activate the remote unlock entry?

I read the book but there does not seem to be an answer to this question for me in there.
  2. adamant

adamant New Member

i have the same problem on my 09
  3. bd1326

bd1326 Rockstar

is it an aftermarket starter?
  4. wayned

wayned Rockstar 100 Posts

do they work when doors are open
  5. adamant

adamant New Member

no....................
  6. VectraGT

VectraGT Rockstar

Is there a separate fuse for the interior lights?
  7. buddy4338

buddy4338 New Member

interior light ANSWER

I had the same problem. On the left side of the dash is a switch to dim your dash lights. This is a multi function switch that disables your interior lights and also turns on your driving lights. Play with it and you'll see what I mean. Truck is not broke, it's just set to disable interior lights.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Earl27

Earl27 New Member

just added the DIC to my 09. Now, th interior lights do not work at all unless I turn them on using the Dome light control. It's not a fuse problem since the lights work with the switch.

Any ideas??
  9. bill190

bill190 Rockstar 100 Posts

Try looking in the "Personalization" section of your owner's manual...
  10. Earl27

Earl27 New Member

found my problem.....did not know about the dome light off switch.........it was in the owners manual........learning something everyday.

still don't have all the functions with the DIC installed. I'll find it eventually.