Interior Dimensions Please!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Fox_Suburban, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Fox_Suburban

Fox_Suburban New Member

Hey guys,

I just joined because I am most likely going to be buying a Suburban in the next few months, and need to make sure that it'll be able to fit what I need it to. If someone could help show me the interior dimensions, or if someone even had pictures with a tape measure, I'd really appreciate that!

I need to fit a 6x3 table (legs come off) in the back of the Suburban. I don't need any seats except for the front two, all others can be folded down. Will this fit? Would it be better to get a rack on top and tie it up there instead? Again, I'd LOVE if someone took pictures of the inside of their Suburban showing a ruler so I got a good idea of how crowded it would be in there. I'd happily pay someone $5 in Paypal for that. ;)

Thanks guys! :)

2. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the site.

I know a 4x8 sheet of wood/drywall will fit, but it'd be tomorrow before I could measure the entry height. I've had assembled tables in the back of mine before.

Good luck,

3. Fox_Suburban

Fox_Suburban New Member

That's great news, thanks!

Being more detailed... If the table extended from the very back of the truck (up against the back door), how far up would a 6ft table go? Would I be able to still use the second row of seats, or not at all? The second row isn't required, but I'd love to keep it if I could. Do you think a roof rack would work better? Also, do these seats fold down, or just lean forward? I'm looking at a 95 model, and would not go any newer than the 99. I'm considering upgrading the seats to ones that do fold down, or just taking them out completely.

Thanks for the help!

4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The 3rd row is removable and the second row fold flat. the 2nd row seat flips up and forward and rests against the front seats in a vertical position and the seat back lays forward to become part of the floor,enabling you to fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the back as KidHauler stated, but there is no extra space, just a couple of inches front to back and between the wheel wells, hope this helps.:glasses: Oh by the way, Welcome to the GMTC!