Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Interior Exhaust Noise?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by alkaspeltzar, Aug 16, 2011.

1. alkaspeltzar

alkaspeltzar Member

Hey guys, i got a 2010 silverado, 5.3Liter, 26,000miles

I have faint exhaust noise on the drivers side, coming near the pedals. ANyone else experiencing this? Could anything in the exhaust be causing this or is there anything in the truck that might be allowing the noise through?

Sounds like the connection between the exhaust manifold and y-pipe is leaking barely. But everything looks tight and clean, no mods, just trying to find this noise.

Thanks

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Try putting some Seafoam in the engine and watch for the smoke to leak out from the leak. I've done this and it works.

3. steverocks6

steverocks6 Member

see first off i wouldnt put seafoam in as a diagnostic tool. you could always just have a buddy help you, one block off the tailpipe with like a rag and then you can look from top, or crawl from bottom and see if u can see/hear anything leaking, you could put your hand up and see if u feel any exhaust coming out, also just as a safety precaution id drive with window cracked if you are having a leak that close to the passenger compartment. you are dealing with the silent killer ya kn