Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

interior light will NOT come on when the door is open

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by adamant, Jun 13, 2009.

1. adamant

adamant New Member

interior light will NOT come on when the door is open. i checked the button and its in the right position..

2. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

check to make sure the door jam switch isn't stuck or broken or unplugged...

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yep that's what happened to me in my 2001 S-10, I had a loose door jamb switch. I went to Auto Zone and picked one up for $11.99, and it fixed the problem and it's very easy to remove too.

4. Mattdtrue

Mattdtrue Rockstar 100 Posts

Relay problem maybe ? Try owners manual see it it gives you any answers.

5. bd1326

bd1326 Rockstar

lets not get to in depth to quick and start tearing the entire thing apart, did you try replacing the bulb?

6. bubba33

bubba33 Rockstar 100 Posts

I wonder what year truck it is

7. adamant

adamant New Member

LIGHTS WORKS fine except when i open the door it will not turn on..owners manual said that to adjust the dimmer knob which i did and it still will not work..

8. black02

black02 New Member

Do 09's have the dash button that disables the dome light for the door like the 02's? Not the dimmer switch but the one next to it that disables it.

9. bubba33

bubba33 Rockstar 100 Posts

sounds like you got it turned off . Look at it again and check your manual. If not take it in and have your presidents people fix it under warranty.

10. Sawfish

Sawfish Member

How do you remove the door jamb switch on a 93 Suburban? It feels like there are somw prongs on the back side, and it should slip out the front. No luck so far with this method. My 1976 had a switch that screwed into the door jamb. Thought I would ask before I created another repair job. Thanks.