1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Interior Lighting Module

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Boreal, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Boreal

Boreal New Member

I need to replace my Interior Lighting Module. However it is in a very inaccessible place under the dash behind the dash frame supports. Can anyone tell me how to change the module without ripping the dash to pieces?

Boreal
    96 Chevy K15 Silverado Shortbed 5.7L
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  2. Boreal

Boreal New Member

Well, in case you were wondering, this is how I did it. I used the hook on a coathanger pushed up between the accelerator mounting plate and dash support - a space that you can only get 3 or four fingers through. Then I basically grabbed the wire harness and jerked the module loose. Then I pulled on the wires to get the connector close enough to the opening, then detached the harness. I then spent 20 minutes or so fiddling around trying to get the old module out of the mess so it wouldn't rattle around on me. Then I hooked up the new module and cable-tied it in a new location that is easy to reach. Works like a charm now. If I have to replace it again, it will take about 10 seconds.
  3. fd8215

fd8215 Member

this may be a little late but, Pull out the two large bolts holding the black bracket to the frt crossmember and remove the bracket with the modules attached, after I figured that out is was easy to remove the modules on the floor.