1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

interior lighting problem?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Dan-O, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Dan-O

Dan-O New Member

Ok so i'm new to the SUV's so maybe there is something simple i'm missing? When i walk out to the truck in the dark, which is kept in the garage, I open the door and none of the interior light's come on? If the doors are locked and I unlock them with the remote the lights all come on? I don't lock the truck in the garage. From what I know most cars interior lighting comes on when you open the doors? This is the newest vehical i've ever owned so i'm thinking there is something i need to switch on for them to work? Thanks for the help. I have an 06 Suburban.
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

There is a Dome Override Button,which is located at the bottom Right of the Headlight Controls,....To set the dome lamps to come on automatically when a door is opened, or to remain off.
    Do the Following,
    ......Press the button into the in position. With the button in this position, the dome lamps will remain off when the doors are open.
    ......To return the lamps to automatic operation, press the button again and return it to the out position......With the button in this position, the dome lamps will come on when you open a door.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  3. Dan-O

Dan-O New Member

Awesome. I knew with all the little buttons and switches it had to be something simple. Thanks for the help
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Glad to help......:glasses: