Interior lighting

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by skhurst18, Jun 11, 2011.

1. skhurst18

skhurst18 New Member

The interior lights began flickering about a month ago while I was driving my 99 gmc sierra. I used the dome overide to keep it under control if it was dark. Now all of the lights flicker and do not shut off even when the vehicle is turned off. I even removed the head lamp and interior lamp control switch out of the dash and the lights continued to stay on. The only way to shut them off was to disconnect the battery. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Did you check the fuse for the interior lights?

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Sounds like you might have a faulty ground somewhere.
    This wont be fun to find because each individual light has a ground so you'll need to check every light.

4. Bigg Ron

Bigg Ron Rockstar 100 Posts

I had a similar problem, my lights would not go out. and sometimes would not come on, I found it to be a door switch. You may also have a issue with the dome light control module that contols the lights so they stay on for a while after the door is closed.

5. skhurst18

skhurst18 New Member

Thanks for the info. Had to remove the dome bulb last night. Having trouble with getting to the bulbs on the doors.