1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Interior lights (09 Silverado)

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by dark star, Jan 10, 2013.

1. dark star

dark star New Member

Is there a switch to activate the interior lights to the door opening ?
  2. Kady

Kady New Member

I know on the 3 gens before that they had a "dome override" which is my absolute favorite thing in the world... Couldn't tell ya about the newer ones though, sorry.
  3. dark star

dark star New Member

I tried that, nothing happens ?
  4. Kady

Kady New Member

So you have a dome override? If you press it, when you open the doors, it shouldn't go on. It also shouldn't go on when you hit your door unlock remote...

I guess, my recommendation would be to check and make sure your button isn't broken, and that its connected properly?
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Someone needs to get out more!! :)
  6. Kady

Kady New Member

You're not kidding. :great:
  7. KyleRCC

KyleRCC New Member

the button above the dimmer...

look to the right of your headlight knob..

the bottom should be foglights.. the top should be your dome light
  8. dark star

dark star New Member

Got it! didn't realize it was a rocker switch as it barely moves when activated.

Thanks all !
  9. Macattac3572

Macattac3572 New Member

My 07 has the same thing, for the past 2 years my dome lights have not been coming on when getting in and out of my truck, it hasn't bothered me until today. I started going through my fuses and looking at the schematic and everything was good. I decided to look on the forum and here it was about the switch, had my truck for almost 6 years and didn't know that the switch was a switch. Thank you GMTC and this thread.
  10. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

My brother's 08 Silverado he said the dome light was not working. I had to show him this. I told him to RTFM.