Interior lights will not turn off

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by fd8215, Aug 19, 2009.

1. fd8215

fd8215 Member

I have almost tried everything to fix this problem,my interior curtousy lights stay on and will not turn off. I looked up the trouble shooting steps from GM and followed them. I have even gone as far as to replace the headlight dimmer switch,door jam switches, keyless entry control module and replacing the wire going from the headlight swith to the keyless module( crt 150) the only thing left is to replace the wires from the headlight swith to the curtousy lights to the keyless entry module(crt 157),the only problem with that is I can't find where it t's off to the lights inbetween the headlight switch and the keyless module. the wierd thing is that when I replaced the headlight swith the lights started to work properly for about 4-5 days, then I noticed the lights where staying on again.

Has anyone had this problem? and how the hell can I properly fix this? AHHHH WTF

Thanks

John

2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

John,

You need to delete this thread as you can't have 2 identical threads running on the same subject.

3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sounds like you were on the right track with the headlight switch. Probably a circuit is shorted and its burning up the switch. I'd replace the h/s again and see if you can tell which ckt is getting hot.

Not sure that helps, but around here finding the solution will always help others. Let us know what you find.

4. okysmokey911

okysmokey911 Rockstar 100 Posts

I had an issue that was kind of like this. I had two wires get too hot and they melted together. One of the wires was a 12v constant and the other one, I am guessing, controlled the inside lights...it took forever to figure out what was going on. I would check your wiring and make sure you dont have any wires touching that should not be touching. Electrical issues suck.

5. Boreal

Boreal New Member

Where were the wires located specifically?

6. okysmokey911

okysmokey911 Rockstar 100 Posts

They are located behind the center dash bezel... the one with the ac vents. I am not sure if these are where the wires are originally located because i have an aftermarket stereo in my truck. I was actually trying to fix some issues with the stereo and that's how I noticed these wires. I forget what color they were exactly, but I would search behind this center bezel. Taking the entire dash off is a pain in the a$$ ( if you want to see all of the wires). Hope this helps.

7. fd8215

fd8215 Member

Well after replacing almost everything ( Keyless remote module,door jam switches,etc) the problem so far has been fixed by replacing the headlight dimmer switch with a brand new one, I was able to get one on ebay for only $40.00. So far so good.