1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Interior Lights

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by EagleTalons, Oct 5, 2008.

1. EagleTalons

EagleTalons New Member

I have a '93 Silverado K2500 6.5l diesel that doesn't have any working interior lights.

I have installed a new stereo into the pickup. The lights never worked after that!

Any hints? Wire diagrams? I'd really enjoy those lights to work.

If you need anymore information about the truck just ask.
  2. The Pawnbroker

The Pawnbroker New Member

Are you able to turn the interior lights on by turning the dash light dimmer switch all the way up?
  3. EagleTalons

EagleTalons New Member

No I could not turn them on with the dimmer switch.

But, after doing some research, I learned that they are on a possible "fusible link." I decided to make my own fusible link with a ten amp fuse and some wire connectors and two 16 gauge pieces of wire. I use electric tape to fully isolate the fuse from any possible shorts. Then I connected the wire onto the "hot" wire on the circuit. By doing this I successfully added power to the circuit.

With the 10 amp fuse I made sure that shorts wouldn't injure the circuit. As I did the first time by sticking a wire tester into the cigarette lighter to test the tester. Which destroyed the fusible link.

When I saw your post about the dimmer switch I ran out to my pickup turned the switch all the way up and shut the door! The lights stayed on!

Thank you for your help.

PS. Forgot to tell how I just tested the cigarette lighter this time...I put it in and prayed that the lighter would work and quickly pulled it out. Then I held it from my thumb. I went to push it closer and pushed it all the way against my thumb, leaving a badge of "Inspected By."
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2008