1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Interior Lights

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Blazerado, May 8, 2009.

1. Blazerado

Blazerado Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a 2004 Silverado 1500 ext.cab 4wd, 4.8L. I noticed the other day that my passenger side climate control hot and cold adjuster light is out. Then i saw that the drivers side was out but when i touched it it came back on. Any expertise or advice is much appreciated.
  2. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I had that same problem with my truck after getting my alarm installed. The light would be off but when I flicked the panel it would come back on. The way I fixed it was by taking the dash apart and checking the wires in the back. Sure enough they were a little lose so I pushed them in real good and haven't had a problem with them since. Hope this helps.
  3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My bulbs burnt out and got new ones from the dealership for like $2 and they just quick put them in, I dont think they are a normal plug and play bulb though
  4. S1lverad0

S1lverad0 New Member

Any Luck ?

Blazerado .... My drivers side climate control light just went out also a few days ago and hasn't came back on by touching it or flicking it .... Did you end up having to replace the bulb ? .... it sounds like you just had a bad connection though !?
  5. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

ive got the same problem on the pass. side but no flickering..just out..bulb im guessing?same problem with a few of the buttons on the steering wheel
  6. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

you have to break into the HVAC to fix those bulbs.
  7. S1lverad0

S1lverad0 New Member

Gee, thats great ! ..... is it possible to break into it intelligently without destroying the unit/controls to replace those bulbs .... and put it back together intelligently ?

Or is this a .... " Leave it to a Professional .... job "
  8. 2ToNe04

leave it to a profesional job.

Maybe it will just be cheaper to buy another HVAC from a junkyard or ebay.

When i got the LED bulbs done in my HVAC i noticed they had to break into it, to get into the bulbs. Also i think there Soldered in there.
  9. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i think i can just live with the dark spots if its gonna be that much trouble
  10. 2ToNe04

no one will tell lol, its not like people go on your truck and look for burnt bulbs haha :lol: