Interior painting

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Crakums_GT, May 14, 2009.

1. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I just delved into the massive task of painting my whole truck interior black and tan. I am using Krylon Fusion because I have heard nothing but good about it and was wondering if anybody knew of a good clear coat or laquer that I could use on that paint to give it that smooth feeling. Right now I have one of the back door panels almost completely done ( will post pictures shortly ) but want to make sure it will be protected. I can't find anything on any painting websites that gives a difinitive answer. Any input greatly appreciated.

-Greg

2. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

use a plastic clear cote . That is what I have been told. I am fixn to take on the same task as you

3. Crakums_GT

Here are some pics of the first door panel process. Coming along real well. It's going to take me a looong time to finish the whole interior though lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm going to grab some Krylong clear coat tomorrow. more pics to come.

4. Crakums_GT

Got the clear coat on and the paint is really rough and a little to shiny. I'm going to go back and sand it with extremely fine sandpaper to smooth it out and then clear coat one more time, hopefully that helps. If nothing else I'll have to resand and repaint the whole door panel. This is my first time and this will be my learning panel so I can get it right before moving onto the rest of the interior. Let you know how it goes this week.

5. Hoss2500

Hoss2500 Member

How's the paint project coming?

I am curious to know how it all worked out.

6. Crakums_GT

I actually just grabbed some vinyl paint from Hedahl's Auto Parts and am about to redo the tan color on all of the doors. Then it's time to start tearing apart the dash to paint that. It's been put on the back burner for a while because I've been trying to get the 1952 stripped down to get ready for rebuild. I'll definitely get pics up when the project is totally finished.

-Greg