1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Interior Squeak/Chirp vent related

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Smoker_98, Jun 18, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Smoker_98

Smoker_98 New Member

Hi all, still getting used to the truck world, mine is making this crazy chirping/squeaking noise that is definatly coming somewhere from the dash. This will completly stop if I adjust the air flow output knob. If i have the vents on say just on top, it will squeak. If I put the selector to blow at you and on the floor it will subside. If I move it to defrost it will stop. If the vent is off and the selector is all the way to the left (blowing right at you) it will squeak. Where can I start? Anyone heard of this before? I did not have any luck searching.

2. Smoker_98

Smoker_98 New Member

Anyone have any suggestions on where to start?

3. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What vehicle are we talking about? If you fill out your profile everyone will be able to see what vehicle you are talking about. In the mean time post all the info about your vehicle. Don't forget.......fill out your profile.

4. Smoker_98

Smoker_98 New Member

It's an 03 Chevy Z-71 ECSB. Thanks.

5. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Maybe the vent itselfs where the butterfly opens and closes might be squeeky.

The vent works kind of like a throttle body butterfly.

6. Smoker_98

Smoker_98 New Member

I had thought of that but where is it? I'm not really sure I want to take out the whole dash.