Interior update coming soon - digital gauges

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by IdahoChevy91, Oct 26, 2011.

Newest Photos

1. IdahoChevy91

IdahoChevy91 New Member 100 Posts

Hey guys, I was wondering what everyone thinks of the gauges I want to get for my truck. Im looking at getting two 52mm GlowShift gauges, a digital tachometer, and a digital vacuum gauge in a pillar pod. I included pics of what I am getting, and how I will mount them. All opinions are appreciated. Thanks guys!
    Tacho-2.jpg DB-vacuum.jpg GS_Dual.jpg attachment.jpeg
  2. Greg84

Greg84 New Member 100 Posts

Personally I don't like digital gauges, a gauge with a needle is easier to notice something wrong at a glance. With a digital gauge, you have to look at a number, read it, and recognize if it is within an acceptable range. With a needle you learn where the "good" area is, usually somewhere in the middle of its sweep, and if something goes wrong and the gauge drops to the bottom or to the top its easy to spot at a glance. Its also easier for other people who aren't car people to recognize something going wrong, a number without a reference point means nothing but a needle in the "red" spot of a gauge means something is going wrong!
  3. IdahoChevy91

I think that i am actually going to go with these gauges. They are the GlowShift White 7 color series, and are a little cheaper than the digital series, but should work fine. What does everyone think of these?
    glowshift2.jpg glowshift1.jpg
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I agree the needles would be easier to read at a glance, the last one's you posted are actually the same one's with the a pillar that I was looking at buying for my firebird. They also make some that look a lot like COBALT gauges except they are a third of the price.
  5. IdahoChevy91

yeah, the black face gauges are nice, but I like the white ones, easier to see all the time.
  6. silverhobey

silverhobey New Member 100 Posts

can we get some some pics when they are installed ...........looks like it will look great in the pillar !!!!
  7. IdahoChevy91

Ya i'll definitely do pics. Hoping to get them in a week or two.