1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Intermittent Turn Signal Failure 1997 Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Huntr, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Huntr

Huntr Member

I have a 1997 Suburban.
    Left turn signal works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't within the same trip. When I plug in my trailer, it always works.
    Thoughts?
    Thanks
  2. dw6171624

dw6171624 New Member

Look and check your grounds it sounds like wen u plug your trailer in its giving it a solid ground from trailer so i would start with checkin grounds
  3. Huntr

Huntr Member

Do you know where is the ground on the back of the suburban?
  4. dw6171624

dw6171624 New Member

No i dont a haynes or chilton should tell u
  5. Huntr

Huntr Member

It eventually started affecting left and right both. Always after driving a while. Changed the flasher relay. Seems to have fixed it.
  6. 98BIGBLOCKBURB

98BIGBLOCKBURB New Member

I have the same problem on my 98. Also works fine when I plug into 7-pin of my camper. The circuit boards of these tailights are notorious for going bad. First to go was my right then my left. Am now looking into a quality replacement set of stock looking LED tailights. Have seen them ranging from about $140 a set on ebay to about $300 from LMCtruck.
  7. Huntr

Huntr Member

Try changing your flasher relay first. $15.00 part. Mine have worked without a problem since changing the relay.