Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Internal Wheel/Tire Sensors

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by ChevyFan, Oct 11, 2005.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

My neighbor was asking me about wheel/tire sensors for his 2004 Tahoe. He put on some 18" chrome rims and new tires and they're not working now. (Not sure what he did).

Anyone have a source on these?

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Anyone? :)

3. JABLAZ02

JABLAZ02 New Member

Did he put new valve stems on the rims? or did he use the existing ones on the old rims?

4. ChevyFan

I'm not sure. I've never had to deal with these before so I'm not up on the technology or what has to be done. I'll check with him and get back with you.

5. JABLAZ02

JABLAZ02 New Member

Yea, Steve check with him. I do believe the sensors are actually the valve stems themselves. I have aluminum stems that are screwed onto my z71 rims

6. ChevyFan

How does the system work? How does the signal from the sensor get back to the computer?

7. JABLAZ02

JABLAZ02 New Member

it works similar to the way a speedpass receiver works. the signal is transferred by electronic frequency from each wheel as to pressure in each tire.

8. ChevyFan

How many pieces are involved in this? Let's just say that he's got new rims and tires with new valve stems. What does he need to get it working again?

9. roost1311

roost1311 New Member

I put the gibbs 20in rims on a 2005 tahoe ls and was told by chevy that the sensor will never work when you change rims unless the specific rim is compatible with the vehicle sensor. The error message can not be removed or deleted, so every time it will issue a warning to check tire pressure. Chevy was going to make gibbs rims that will work with the TPM, but they havent come out yet. At least in May 05 they werent out yet.

10. ChevyFan

Ok, I'll let him know. He's been working a wierd schedule for the past 2 months so I haven't seen him anyhow. Thanks for the info on that though.