Internet Explorer 7.0 SP2?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Dec 28, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

2. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

There aren't any IE7 Service Packs that I'm aware of. It just says IE7 for XP SP2, but that's been out for awhile. :)

3. ChevyFan

4. omegafiler

That looks like a bunch of security updates for Vista, but no SP that I can see. I do have the Vista SP1 RC (beta), but it still has a long way to go.

But for IE7, there isn't even an SP1.

I went to the link you originally sent, and it just takes you to the top MS downloads, which is "Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP SP2."

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...BE-3385-447C-8A30-081805B2F90B&displaylang=en

Which actually wouldn't work in Vista, since it already has IE7.

5. ChevyFan

Ok, I got my wires crossed and didn't read that right. There is actually a SP3 coming out for Windows XP.

"Service Pack 3 for Windows XP is coming out on Monday December 24, 2007"

6. ChevyFan

Looks like it got pushed back a ways.

December 27, 2007 (Computerworld) -- Microsoft Corp. will change how users activate Windows XP when Service Pack 3 launches in the first half of 2008, a company white paper said.

7. omegafiler

Ahhh, yes, now that I have heard of. :) Been waiting for XP SP3. Just another reason for folks to hang on to XP. Now, I do run Vista on my faster puters, but for large companies... if XP is working, stick with it.