GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Intro/ 3" lift w/ 33" pic request!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by jusstin4171, Jan 11, 2011.

1. jusstin4171

jusstin4171 New Member

Hi all. I'm new to this site. I thought I would introduce myself and ask if anyone has a NBS silverado (4-door preferred) with a 3" lift and 33" tires. I'm looking into this for mine and would LOVE to see it first!

When I get my lift I will be sure to post lots-o-pics of the install and before and after shots.

Thanks!
  2. ajarman

ajarman New Member

Welcome Justin!!

Are you looking into the Rough Country 3" lift for your NNBS?
  3. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member

Please don't.

Welcome to the site.
  4. ajarman

ajarman New Member

Just a heads up Justin....The RC 3" kit is crap!! I have the ReadyLift 2.25 Level kit and I am running 33's. Might be the better choice for you unless you want to jump up the a 4" kit.

[​IMG]
  5. retired2001

retired2001 New Member

Welcome to the G M T C !
  6. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member

When looking at 3" of lift, there really isn't a better option than a body lift IMO.
  7. jwco5.3

jwco5.3 New Member

Full leveling kit FTW
  8. jusstin4171

jusstin4171 New Member

HI all and thanks for the warm welcome! I've read all the reviews on here about the RCX 3" lift. I just got a response from Rough Country about it too. I asked if any of the known issues have been taken care of to correct the ball joints, alignment issues, fasteners ect.... this is the response that I got from Ryan Chase at RC:

"Yes our arms actually now come with clevite bushings and oem ball joints."

Do you think this would help solve any issues? I would love to do the 5" kit from RC, but I don't know if I can swing an extra $1,000.00 right now plus new tires, plus alignment, plus wheels (if the 09 Z71 wheels wouldn't work)... Maybe I should just save my lunch money for a while and go with the BDS 6" kit that looks so B.A.! :)

9. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member

Don't buy it and refer to post #6. You could do a 3" BL and a 2" leveling kit for close to the same price as the Junk Country 3" and have a solid setup.
  10. jusstin4171

jusstin4171 New Member

thanks for the suggestion, but I've never been a big fan of Body Lifts... I'll eventually get a suspension lift and a leveling kit is probably going to be on order by the weekend.

Are there any known problems with the RCX 5" kit that lowers the LCA's? on GMFULLSIZE.com there are a LOT of guys that are running that kit and they all seem to be pretty happy with it.

BTW- Blackout07 your truck is SICK!!!
  11. stephan

stephan New Member

Welcome to the club Justin......
  12. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member

Thanks for the compliment.

Body lifts on the GMT-900's looks great. They show probably less frame than the stock 2500's do and as long as you use some type of gap guards and raise the bumpers (which most kits come with all necessary parts) it's difficult to tell that they're there. I removed my spare and my hitch, because it's extremely rare that I tow so there really aren't any blatantly obvious indicators that I have a body lift.

Aesthetics aside, a body lift leaves the factory suspension completely untouched, which in the grand scheme of things is good. Especially when comparing it in terms of price and quality to any of the 3" "suspension" kits out there. Kits like the RC 3" and the Ready Lift 4" are incomplete and a waste of money IMO.

As far as the RC 5" kit, it's the best thing RC has going for it. I wouldn't buy it because I have been burned by RC's lack of quality and customer service but I think it's an okay kit.
  13. ljmueller

ljmueller New Member

Hey ajarman, Did you put anything in the back end on your '08?
  14. ajarman

ajarman New Member

In the pic I posted..NO. I just ordered some 2" ReadyLift blocks and will be installing them very soon.
  15. asu4cjustice

asu4cjustice New Member

So a question.. what does raising the back after leveling the front 2" really do for u? Wouldnt it give it that "rake" look again?
  16. ajarman

ajarman New Member

I only leveled the front to fit larger tires with out the big cost of a lift kit. When I hook up to my trailer now or have a few hundred pounds in the bed, the truck looks weak. Putting some blocks in the rear will help with some of the sag from the load. Yes, some of the rake will be back but not like from the factory. I got closer to 2.5" of lift from the 2.25 level kit and the rear blocks are just 1" larger than factory rear blocks.
  17. asu4cjustice

asu4cjustice New Member

awesome... thanks for the pointer.
  18. ljmueller

ljmueller New Member

thanks ajarman, I just ordered my ready lift 2.25 front and 3 inch rear for my '08 crew cab. Gonna leave the stock 18" Bridgestones on till they wear out, which might be quicker then normal once i have the lift on.( gonna want the 33's bad) I'm new here but i'll get some before and after pics up here for those who are interested.
  19. anre5180

anre5180 New Member

20. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member

Skyjacker makes a true 3" suspension lift for the NBS trucks part # C7361PK-N. A picture of the 3" lift on a NBS is on there website. Put in yourtrucks info and the picture will come up.