1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Intro/ 3" lift w/ 33" pic request!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by jusstin4171, Jan 11, 2011.

1. jusstin4171

jusstin4171 New Member

Hi all. I'm new to this site. I thought I would introduce myself and ask if anyone has a NBS silverado (4-door preferred) with a 3" lift and 33" tires. I'm looking into this for mine and would LOVE to see it first!

When I get my lift I will be sure to post lots-o-pics of the install and before and after shots.

Thanks!
  2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome Justin!!

Are you looking into the Rough Country 3" lift for your NNBS?
  3. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Please don't.

Welcome to the site.
  4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Just a heads up Justin....The RC 3" kit is crap!! I have the ReadyLift 2.25 Level kit and I am running 33's. Might be the better choice for you unless you want to jump up the a 4" kit.

[​IMG]
  5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  6. Blackout07

When looking at 3" of lift, there really isn't a better option than a body lift IMO.
  7. jwco5.3

jwco5.3 Rockstar 100 Posts

Full leveling kit FTW
  8. jusstin4171

jusstin4171 New Member

HI all and thanks for the warm welcome! I've read all the reviews on here about the RCX 3" lift. I just got a response from Rough Country about it too. I asked if any of the known issues have been taken care of to correct the ball joints, alignment issues, fasteners ect.... this is the response that I got from Ryan Chase at RC:

"Yes our arms actually now come with clevite bushings and oem ball joints."

Do you think this would help solve any issues? I would love to do the 5" kit from RC, but I don't know if I can swing an extra $1,000.00 right now plus new tires, plus alignment, plus wheels (if the 09 Z71 wheels wouldn't work)... Maybe I should just save my lunch money for a while and go with the BDS 6" kit that looks so B.A.! :)

9. Blackout07

Don't buy it and refer to post #6. You could do a 3" BL and a 2" leveling kit for close to the same price as the Junk Country 3" and have a solid setup.
  10. jusstin4171

jusstin4171 New Member

thanks for the suggestion, but I've never been a big fan of Body Lifts... I'll eventually get a suspension lift and a leveling kit is probably going to be on order by the weekend.

Are there any known problems with the RCX 5" kit that lowers the LCA's? on GMFULLSIZE.com there are a LOT of guys that are running that kit and they all seem to be pretty happy with it.

BTW- Blackout07 your truck is SICK!!!