Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Intro from England

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by senorquill, Aug 5, 2009.

1. senorquill

senorquill Member

Hey all,
    Just signed up and I'm looking for some information on some upgrades to my '03 Sivlerado. I have a Ext Cab 1500, 4X2. I would like to upgrade my suspension, rims and tires. I don't want to lift my truck, I just want a better ride both on the road and on the trail. Currently i'm looking at Edelbrock shocks, a Hyper Flex Bushing kit, 17-18" rims with new tires. I'v been having problems tying to find new tires that will support my truck. I'm thinking I might have to do a body lift or level my front end out. Any info would be great. Thanks

Ryan
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! where in England are you?
  3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site, Ryan! Do you do a lot of "trail riding"? If so, it would probably make a difference on what type of tire you end up with.
  4. senorquill

senorquill Member

I live in Mildenhall. About 2 hours north of London.
  5. senorquill

senorquill Member

I spend most of time on paved road, but I might be moving to Texas in the near future and in that case I would be on dirt roads alot for hunting/ fishing.
  6. senorquill

senorquill Member

Leveling Kit

I'm looking at leveling kits, but don't really know how it works or which one to get. If I get a 2" front leveling kit will that level out my '03 1500 ext cab?
  7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Leveling kits on 2WD trucks are basically just a coil spring spacer, so whatever size you get that's how much the front end will raise. Based on what I've seen I think 2" should be enough to level it. Reason I asked where you are located is because I was born in England and emigrated to the U.S. back in 1980 and have lived here ever since,born and raised in the Leeds, West Yorkshire area and still a British subject although probably not for much longer as I'm going to pursue U.S. Citizenship. Always good to hear from the homeland though, especially Chevy truck owners!
  8. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome from detroit!
  9. SoCal Chevy

SoCal Chevy Rockstar 100 Posts

welcome from caliifornia.

from my experiences, all leveling kits claim diffnt heights but they all end up giving u the same amount of lift. i got a pro comp leveling kit on my 4x2 silverado and i was very pleased with it. i think they said it was a 2 and a half inch lift
  10. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!