1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Intro to my van and a question [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by tonkatracker, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonkatracker

tonkatracker New Member

Hi guys I am new to this forum and as a matter of fact just posted in the "Member Introductions" thread but I figured that I would Introduce you to my van, first I need to tell you that I work for my fathers company and use this van in the coarse of my job which is why I have the company name on the side (plus it means he pays for my gas, insurance and a $400/mo vehicle allowance to have it on there) well this is what I started with:

[​IMG]

you cant tell it in this pic but the front bumper is mangled a lil.

Well I broke a taillight so I ordered some altezza-style lights to replace them with and then I couldn't stop. So far I have added:

*Altezza Style Taillights
    *H4 Headlight conversion
    *4% tint all the way around
    *polished aluminum Wheels from an 02 Sierra
    *reverse Camera
    *Pioneer headunit
    *Class V hitch
    *blacked out front parking lights
    *custom made "3500HD" emblems
    *new stock front bumper
    *new Express Export-only rear bumper with rear fog lights
    *AVS Bugshield and Ventvisors

and here is how she looks now (pic taken before I installed new front bumper):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now for the question: The whole reason for the Export rear bumper was that I was rearended and only my bumper was damaged I saw this one on ebay and it was about the same price new as a used stock one here and I thought what the heck I like to be different. all it says on the parts sticker is "part # 15906945 " and "Assembly-Export only" but does anyone know what country these would have been exportred to? I know the UK requires rear fog lamps but I cannot find any info on the Express being exported there as a matter of fact I cannot find a picture of a van with this bumper on the web anywhere.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  2. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm not to sure on where the bumper comes from but I do like the addition of the sierra wheels, Made a huge difference in my opinion.
  3. tonkatracker

tonkatracker New Member

Thanks I actually got them for free from some guy that put some bigger wheels and tires on his truck. I just need to source some chrome chevrolet center caps instead of the GMC ones :lol: I contemplated buying aftermarket rims but just couldn't justify it as this is a work van and they would just get messed up on jobsites and whatnot but I do think these wheels make the van now!
  4. tonkatracker

tonkatracker New Member

if it will help anyone identify what market theis bumper was intended for here is a closer shot:
    [​IMG]
  5. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site :sign0016:
    I never saw such a rear bumper in my life. Here in Belgium fog lights are obligatorily but I never saw one on a Savana :neutral:
  6. tonkatracker

tonkatracker New Member

Well after digging some more it seems that Rear fog lights are required on all vehicles in Europe, but I still cannot find anywhere that the Express or Savana were officially imported into Europe. Ugh this is driving me nuts....

But, I did notice something else different about this bumper. on the bumper cover is stamped "Bumper not Designed for towing. Use Platform Hitch only" - just like every other Express out there right? BUT above that it also says "CE Pare-chocs n'est pas Destine Au remorquage utiliser le dispositif D'attelage uniquement" which I am guessing is French so maybe this bumper was destined for a french-speaking country that requires rear fog lamps? I still have come up with nothing though
  7. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I went to most of the international sites I could think of and still no answer. Most Euro nations don't even carry the Express.
  8. tonkatracker

tonkatracker New Member

well I still havent been able to find out where these bumper where sold but I did find a guy on another forum that has a Starcraft conversion van with the same bumper as me and he lives in the Czech Republic:

[​IMG]

also I was able to purchase a new headlight switch with integrated fog lamp switch from my local chevrolet dealership. I plan on hooking my front fog lights to this switch along with the rear so it looks clean and stock :)

[​IMG]
  9. enormiss

enormiss New Member

They sold express & savana vans in the netherlands, maybe look into that?

Do you know of differences in backspacing or size between the van & truck rims?
    Did you swap them on no issues?

edit... was searching and didn't notice the date
    sorry to bring back the dead!
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  10. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN Rockstar 100 Posts

where did ya get your taillights???

the bumper looks like something you buy and cut into your bumper, check firetrucks lights??????????
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.