Intro to my van and a question [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by tonkatracker, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonkatracker

tonkatracker New Member

Hi guys I am new to this forum and as a matter of fact just posted in the "Member Introductions" thread but I figured that I would Introduce you to my van, first I need to tell you that I work for my fathers company and use this van in the coarse of my job which is why I have the company name on the side (plus it means he pays for my gas, insurance and a $400/mo vehicle allowance to have it on there) well this is what I started with:

you cant tell it in this pic but the front bumper is mangled a lil.

Well I broke a taillight so I ordered some altezza-style lights to replace them with and then I couldn't stop. So far I have added:

*Altezza Style Taillights
    *H4 Headlight conversion
    *4% tint all the way around
    *polished aluminum Wheels from an 02 Sierra
    *reverse Camera
    *Pioneer headunit
    *Class V hitch
    *blacked out front parking lights
    *custom made "3500HD" emblems
    *new stock front bumper
    *new Express Export-only rear bumper with rear fog lights
    *AVS Bugshield and Ventvisors

and here is how she looks now (pic taken before I installed new front bumper):

now for the question: The whole reason for the Export rear bumper was that I was rearended and only my bumper was damaged I saw this one on ebay and it was about the same price new as a used stock one here and I thought what the heck I like to be different. all it says on the parts sticker is "part # 15906945 " and "Assembly-Export only" but does anyone know what country these would have been exportred to? I know the UK requires rear fog lamps but I cannot find any info on the Express being exported there as a matter of fact I cannot find a picture of a van with this bumper on the web anywhere.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  2. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm not to sure on where the bumper comes from but I do like the addition of the sierra wheels, Made a huge difference in my opinion.
  3. tonkatracker

tonkatracker New Member

Thanks I actually got them for free from some guy that put some bigger wheels and tires on his truck. I just need to source some chrome chevrolet center caps instead of the GMC ones :lol: I contemplated buying aftermarket rims but just couldn't justify it as this is a work van and they would just get messed up on jobsites and whatnot but I do think these wheels make the van now!
  4. tonkatracker

tonkatracker New Member

if it will help anyone identify what market theis bumper was intended for here is a closer shot:
  5. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site :sign0016:
    I never saw such a rear bumper in my life. Here in Belgium fog lights are obligatorily but I never saw one on a Savana :neutral:
  6. tonkatracker

tonkatracker New Member

Well after digging some more it seems that Rear fog lights are required on all vehicles in Europe, but I still cannot find anywhere that the Express or Savana were officially imported into Europe. Ugh this is driving me nuts....

But, I did notice something else different about this bumper. on the bumper cover is stamped "Bumper not Designed for towing. Use Platform Hitch only" - just like every other Express out there right? BUT above that it also says "CE Pare-chocs n'est pas Destine Au remorquage utiliser le dispositif D'attelage uniquement" which I am guessing is French so maybe this bumper was destined for a french-speaking country that requires rear fog lamps? I still have come up with nothing though
  7. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I went to most of the international sites I could think of and still no answer. Most Euro nations don't even carry the Express.
  8. tonkatracker

tonkatracker New Member

well I still havent been able to find out where these bumper where sold but I did find a guy on another forum that has a Starcraft conversion van with the same bumper as me and he lives in the Czech Republic:

also I was able to purchase a new headlight switch with integrated fog lamp switch from my local chevrolet dealership. I plan on hooking my front fog lights to this switch along with the rear so it looks clean and stock :)

9. enormiss

enormiss New Member

They sold express & savana vans in the netherlands, maybe look into that?

Do you know of differences in backspacing or size between the van & truck rims?
    Did you swap them on no issues?

edit... was searching and didn't notice the date
    sorry to bring back the dead!
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010

CHEVYVANMAN Rockstar 100 Posts

where did ya get your taillights???

the bumper looks like something you buy and cut into your bumper, check firetrucks lights??????????
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.