1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by OnStar Advisor, Dec 19, 2012.

1. OnStar Advisor

OnStar Advisor New Member

Hello everyone,

We would like to take a moment and introduce ourselves as the OnStar Customer Assistance Representatives from the OnStar Social Media group. The OnStar Social Media group is responsible for scanning over forums, including this one, in order to provide customer service to those who utilize them. We are looking forward to assisting those with concerns on the site. This would include interacting with the customer in hopes that we can reach some kind of resolution together. We are excited to be a part of this online community and hope that we are able to provide assistance here.

Corbin, Jessica, and Shannon, OnStar Social Media Team
  2. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Welcome on to GMTC.
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Nice to have you on board, what new Onstar things are coming out?
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site guys! Looking forward to having you interact with folks on here.
  5. OnStar Advisor

OnStar Advisor New Member

Thanks for the welcome. We hope to be a source of knowledge and provide support for any OnStar related concerns. Sorry, RayVoy, we aren't able to reveal future products or services.

Corbin, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team
  6. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Just a hint, hehe
  7. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

we had and used OnStar for a bit---great value and services, but we live
    and drive locally and have every gadget needed for home/auto, so we cancelled.
    Next new vehicle, I think we will keep the services for awhile, though....Brian
  8. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Welcome to the site... I have been a long time user since 2007.
    Oddly enough I do have a question, when I get directions it is important for me to know if the route you provide me considers low bridges as I do pull a trailer. Will your routing take this into consideration if I let you know I'm pulling a trailer?
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Steve, I am quoting you only because tagging you still seems to fail to get YOU.

Regarding this thread, as someone who works in the computer security industry I am compelled to ask how forum members can confirm that this is a legitimate service post that was made by authorized individuals from GM and/or OnStar... and that it actually is what it claims to be? After all, there's nothing stopping Random Joe Poster from claiming to be this ... and then collecting personally identifiable information via PM's under the guise of providing 'support'.

I see no verification mechanism or link in the original post in this thread, hence the skepticism bred from reasonable and healthy paranoia in this age of identity theft.

Inquiring minds want to know...
  10. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !